Network of sustainability initiatives in Transylvania
• Blog post 18/03/2019: Could the long-term transdisciplinary engagement of a university make a difference in a place?
• J. Fischer, A.I. Horcea-Milcu, D.J. Lang, L. Thale-Bombien, D.J. Abson, C.I. Apetrei, E. Clarke, P. Derwort, C. Dorninger, I. A. Duse, R. Freeth, N. W. Jager, K. Klaniecki, D. Lam, J. Leventon, J. Newig, D. Peukert, M. Riechers, T. Schaal (2019). Balance Brings Beauty. Strategies for a Sustainable Southern Transylvania Available at https://leveragepointsdotorg.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/balance-brings-beauty_en.pdf
• Loos, J., Abson, D. J., & Dorresteijn, I. (2016). Sustainable landscapes in Central Romania: a social-ecological study on the future of Southern Transylvania. Available at https://peisajesustenabile.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/final_small_with-additional-empty-page.pdf
• Andra I. Horcea-Milcu, David J. Abson, Ine Dorresteijn, Jacqueline Loos, Jan Hanspach & Joern Fischer (2017): The role of co-evolutionary development and value change debt in navigating transitioning cultural landscapes: the case of Southern Transylvania, Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, DOI: 10.1080/09640568.2017.1332985
• Lam, D.P.M., Horcea-Milcu, A.I., Fischer, J. et al. Three principles for co-designing sustainability intervention strategies: Experiences from Southern Transylvania. Ambio (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13280-019-01302-x
"Under this long-term ongoing a science|society cooperation, ties at rural community level and between Southern Transylvania's practitioners of change were strengthened through innovative approaches (e.g. design-based). By working with farmers’ associations and rural communities, the transdisciplinary partnership between the university and the local change agents has also developed a shared understanding of land stewardship and the notion of ‘a common good’. Mutual learning enabled contributions towards building the local identity, empowerment and perceptions on agency. The partnership also aims to improve the dialogue of the newly surfaced and consolidated network of the practitioners of change in Southern Transylvania with the local Government, municipalities, and policymakers. To this end, an outreach publication of success stories on transformational strategies for moving closer to a sustainable future in Southern Transylvania was published in February 2019."
* Information at the level of NUTS 3 or local regions.